Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankfully Blessed

I can't believe it's November already. It doesn't seem possible. Yet here it is. I love this time of year. November & December when we start to prepare for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Planning for what is to come. And my kids, the joy and happiness to hear them talk about Christmas and what's coming up. Today my daughter, who is 3, started singing Jingle Bells. I couldn't help but smile. Even tho it doesn't seem like it should be time to sing Christmas carols yet, I thought how blessed I am.

How blessed am I? Well, if you look at material things you may not think that I have many blessings. But you can't go by looks. I have the Lord and the wonderful salvation that he gave me, my wonderful husband and beautiful kids, Gods love, mercy, grace & forgiveness, a great family, a roof over my head, food and the list goes on. I wouldn't trade anything for my blessings.

I am not bragging. Just thinking about how truly thankful I really am for all that God has done for me. We have gone thru, are going thru and probably will go thru many happy times, trials and struggles. Through it all the Lord has always been there. It's not always easy and there is so much I don't understand, but I always have someone to walk with me and help me thru. For that I am so very thankful and feel so very blessed.

All the blessings that I have been given come from above. He has trusted me & my husband with so much. After all, isn't that what blessings really are? They are things that God has entrusted us with. Things he has given to us. Even the trials, God turns into blessings. I can't begin to list all that I am thankful for, there isn't enough space. The Lord knows my heart tho and he sees what I can't always express. I owe everything to him. For all these things, these gifts, I am truly thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment